Play it, Jen


Every good movie has a piano player somewhere in the background--
sometimes seen, usually unseen.
Seldom really noticed.
The feeling, the very soul of a scene, is created by that person tinkering at the keys.
It has been said, "All the world's a stage."
Well then...Play it, Jen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Over Yonder, Missouri

I'm a California Native transplanted to the Missouri Ozarks. I've learned how to chase cows in high heels and load hay faster than you can say "Coco Chanel." These are some of our pictures and stories of living in a land with breath-taking beauty and adventure around every bend.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Joe and Shindenkan Budo




Joe, our second son, has started taking lessons in Shindenkan Budo. He has been attending class for about a month now. He is absolutely loving it. Joe is learning great skills for self defense. He works very hard. Last week he faced the "flaming noodle of death" and lived to tell about it. ;)
I really like this particular discipline. I love the way they instruct the kids. It is about defense and discipline. There are no over-blown egos here. It is a beautiful art. I love the grace, discipline and honor I see in this practice.
It is good for me too, because I have to try to practice with Joe during the week and I'm getting quite the workout as well.
Go Joe! You totally rock dude!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

This looks very cool! So does David and the horse

1:36 PM  
Blogger Dr. A said...

I admit I had to look up Shindenkan Budo on wikipedia. Looks interesting. I like the pics.

BTW, thanks for the link. I've added you to my links as well. Go Joe!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Thank you Dr. A! I love your blog. I added a link in the post to lead to a page more about the organization. Thanks for reminding me, I should have done when I posted! :)

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home