Play it, Jen


Every good movie has a piano player somewhere in the background--
sometimes seen, usually unseen.
Seldom really noticed.
The feeling, the very soul of a scene, is created by that person tinkering at the keys.
It has been said, "All the world's a stage."
Well then...Play it, Jen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Over Yonder, Missouri

I'm a California Native transplanted to the Missouri Ozarks. I've learned how to chase cows in high heels and load hay faster than you can say "Coco Chanel." These are some of our pictures and stories of living in a land with breath-taking beauty and adventure around every bend.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's almost that time!

Soon Cold season will be upon us so I thought I'd get this little post up here now.
Quite some years ago my sister in law turned me on to Throat Coat tea. Good stuff. Had never heard of it before, thought the name was funny, but I took her advice and found that it worked great for a sore throat.
Then a few years later we were visiting my husband's family at Christmas time and I can down with a nasty virus. My throat was a mess. Jason's younger sister offered to run to the store to get something that would really help...she came home with a box of Throat Coat tea. :) And again, it helped.

Warm herbal teas are so soothing and Throat Coat® looks like a great product to sooth a sore throat and help you rid yourself of excess mucous. One thing to note, however, is that glycyrrhizic acid can raise your blood pressure, so if you have hypertension or heart disease, you may want to be careful.
Here are links to all of the ingredients:

Glycyrrhizic acid
Slippery Elm
Marshmallow
Wild Cherry Bark
Bitter Fennel Fruit
Cinnamon Bark
Sweet Orange Peel

Now, I do not give this to my son who had the liver transplant. Unfortunately, I cannot give him anything that will give his immune system a boost. Most herbs have qualities that stimulate the immune system so herbs are a huge no-no for David.
However, my other children get to suffer through the joy of mommy giving them wonderful things to fight off the lovely bugs they bring home from school.
I love to sit back and sip a hot cup of Throat Coat when I am coming down with a sore throat. It is one weapon in the arsenal I have to battle the many bugs that assault our family during the cold/flu season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home