Play it, Jen


Every good movie has a piano player somewhere in the background--
sometimes seen, usually unseen.
Seldom really noticed.
The feeling, the very soul of a scene, is created by that person tinkering at the keys.
It has been said, "All the world's a stage."
Well then...Play it, Jen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Over Yonder, Missouri

I'm a California Native transplanted to the Missouri Ozarks. I've learned how to chase cows in high heels and load hay faster than you can say "Coco Chanel." These are some of our pictures and stories of living in a land with breath-taking beauty and adventure around every bend.

Monday, August 28, 2006

early autumn


early autumn
Originally uploaded by deewzed.
I felt the first brush of Autumn sweep down my neck as I left my home this morning. My being was suddenly flooded with excitement and memories not thought about for a very long time.
The sun's relentless attack of scorching heat has lost its edge and instead there is a hint of cool crispness in the air. A few leaves on the trees are letting go of their lush green, their edges turning to the rich velvety jewel tones they use to bid Summer a fond farewell.
I smell dust. That glorious earthy smell that signals the arrival of the harvest.
I am filled with excitement at the closeness of the season to get the sweaters out, make Halloween costumes, taste the first sweet, juicy apples, see the fat, orange pumpkins begin to appear on neighbor's porches, and smell the hint of smoke swelling from fireplaces warming happy homes.
Autumn is a feeling, a way of being.
As the day has gone on the sun has risen high and the crispness has left the air. The dust has settled under the weight of the heat and the Summer has retaken her throne. But I know that not long from now Autumn will come again and stay for a longer visit and I will bask in the September of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nuclear Mom said...

Great post! It was chilly when I left my house this morning. Soon it will be jacket weather!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home