Play it, Jen


Every good movie has a piano player somewhere in the background--
sometimes seen, usually unseen.
Seldom really noticed.
The feeling, the very soul of a scene, is created by that person tinkering at the keys.
It has been said, "All the world's a stage."
Well then...Play it, Jen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Over Yonder, Missouri

I'm a California Native transplanted to the Missouri Ozarks. I've learned how to chase cows in high heels and load hay faster than you can say "Coco Chanel." These are some of our pictures and stories of living in a land with breath-taking beauty and adventure around every bend.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Everybody Yoga!

Yoga Journal : Home Page - The Voice of Yoga Online. The trusted source for yoga poses, teachers, places, and ideas.
I love yoga. I really do. I began practicing a couple of years ago and I am amazed at how much it has helped my body. Not that I'm a svelt vixen by any means, but I FEEL better and I now have a method of control over uncomfortable conditions that got the better of me in the past.
I was very discouraged in the beginning. I watched a video and then, silly me, got up and tried to follow the poses. Oh wow, my body does NOT do that! O.k., well, that's it, I'm done.
It was so interesting, though.
Maybe I'll just try. I'm here at home where nobody can see me making a fool of myself anyways, right?
So, I tried each day, going as far into the poses as I could without ending up in traction for a week. The amazing thing? One day I discovered that I was fully into a lot of the poses!
Yipppeeeee! I can do it!
It was mind-blowing how fast my body changed and adapted so that I could bend and flex and have the stamina to do yoga. That was thrilling. Then I was thirsty for more.
Now, when I get lazy or "too busy" to do yoga on a regular basis I really notice the difference. I have problems with restless legs at night but if I do just a little bit of yoga it clears right up and I sleep so well.
This is really great stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home