Play it, Jen


Every good movie has a piano player somewhere in the background--
sometimes seen, usually unseen.
Seldom really noticed.
The feeling, the very soul of a scene, is created by that person tinkering at the keys.
It has been said, "All the world's a stage."
Well then...Play it, Jen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Over Yonder, Missouri

I'm a California Native transplanted to the Missouri Ozarks. I've learned how to chase cows in high heels and load hay faster than you can say "Coco Chanel." These are some of our pictures and stories of living in a land with breath-taking beauty and adventure around every bend.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Turtle Soup, Anyone?!

This big snapper was sitting in the middle of our drive. No way to get around it, the kids and I hopped out of the car to get a better look. We tossed a couple of rocks at it to try to get it to move, it just looked at us. We got a long stick to prod it with, it just stood up taller on its legs and glared at us. Finally I got the brilliant idea that I would sneak around behind it and grab it on the sides of its shell to move it out of the way. As I began to reach towards it, the thing let out the most eerie hiss! We hopped back into the car and waited for the turtle to move itself out of our way.
A friend of mine who is quite familiar with snappers informed me it was a good thing I didn't grab it as these turtles can reach their head clear around the side of their shell and get ya. Oh boy! Welcome to the country!

Of course, once it moved to the side of the road we had to scoot home and grab the camera and come back to get a picture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home