Play it, Jen


Every good movie has a piano player somewhere in the background--
sometimes seen, usually unseen.
Seldom really noticed.
The feeling, the very soul of a scene, is created by that person tinkering at the keys.
It has been said, "All the world's a stage."
Well then...Play it, Jen.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Over Yonder, Missouri

I'm a California Native transplanted to the Missouri Ozarks. I've learned how to chase cows in high heels and load hay faster than you can say "Coco Chanel." These are some of our pictures and stories of living in a land with breath-taking beauty and adventure around every bend.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Hospital Shark

Children's author Robert Munsch wrote this poem for my son.
After his second liver transplant, David began calling his scar his "shark bite". One day we were at the beach when a shark was spotted in the water. People were being told to get out of the water and things got a bit crazy. My son David, dressed in just his swimming shorts, was running back and forth yelling at the top of his lungs, "I think that's the shark that bit me!!!" People noticed the huge 'battle wound' scar across David's stomach and began to stare in amazement. It really did look as if David had been attacked by a shark.
In 2003 my friend related this story to Mr. Munch and he penned this little poem for David.
"David"
In the hospital
In the dark,
I got bit
By a hospital shark.
They swim the hallways
Late at night
Looking for kids
That taste just right.
But I was lucky
Cause, you see,
The shark didn't like
The taste of me.
He took one bite
And swam away
And that's why I'm
Alive today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

This is so awesome, Jen! Send it to Mr.Munsch!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I wonder how he'd react to it. I wonder how I could send it to him. Thank you Joey! :)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

http://robertmunsch.com/email.cfm

Just send him a link to your blog. I've been reading everything on his site and he sounds like an AWESOME guy.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home